Baby is fumbling with the first steps of life, though not yet stable. The mother always has to watch over the baby because otherwise, your baby will often fall unexpectedly.
The development of children 13 months old
More active: You will see your baby always limbs to explore the surrounding objects. Now the ability of the child to move has taken one step further from crawling fast to walking slowly. Sometimes you feel tired because you have to keep an eye on and watch your baby’s movements to keep them safe and not fall down.
Learning to communicate: The skills of a 13-month-old child will advance further with new vocabulary and they begin to try to express what they want in different ways. Children can use their hands to point to things they want or say simple words like ” yams ” when they need food. Observe your baby and persist in guiding them little by little, maybe you will be surprised at what they do.
Self-dressing: Many parents often help their children to dress until the child reaches 5-6 years old. This is not necessary because they can do this themselves without their parents. If your child is having difficulties, you should instruct your child to put their hands first to make it easier to wear. In addition, moms can also teach children the simple steps of brushing or combing their hair. This will help the baby to be highly independent from an early age.
Nutrition and sleep of children 13 months old
For 13-month-old children, mothers should learn science eating habits with the following suggestions:
- Children should pick their own hands or teach children to hold the spoon but do not need to force when they do not want. This is the stage when your child is learning to eat, learn to explore food, so create a fun atmosphere for meals to stimulate your baby’s appetite.
- Do not force your baby to eat. The baby’s body understands what the child needs and feels hungry. Encourage your child to try new foods instead of focusing on the foods he likes and can eat a lot.
- Parents must never be stressed out or express anger about a baby’s eating. Because this will make children feel afraid to eat and eat less.
- Do not give milk to children before meals. When turning 1 year, milk is just a snack, the mother needs to give her baby food.
- Do not extend the meal for more than 30 minutes. If the 30 minutes are up, it is recommended to pack all the items. When the baby is not eating, he can add to the next snack. This way, you will create a more scientific eating routine instead of waiting for the baby to put food in his mouth.
Nutrition of 13-month-old babies: Focuses on milk and snack foods. You can breastfeed 3-5 times a day. If the number of feeds decreases, you should add either formula or whole milk with snacks. Note that your baby’s weaning food needs to be diverse to provide adequate protein, fiber, cereals, vitamins, minerals and ensure water for the baby.
Need for children to go to bed on time to create good sleep habits for your body clock. Note that when the mother sleeps to create a quiet environment, with light music as possible, dark to help children fall asleep easily.
Habits, like taking a bath, drinking hot milk, reading books or brushing your teeth before going to bed, are processes that parents should apply to get acquainted and follow.
Limit breastfeeding in the middle of the night
Note when taking care of children 13 months old
In order to strengthen the immune system for babies from an early age, babies should practice washing their hands before eating and when going to bed. This is a habit that helps minimize the risk of your baby developing allergies and infectious diseases.
You may consider moving your baby to a separate room so she has her own space.
Vaccination: This is the time when mothers should give children vaccines for hepatitis B, measles, mumps and rubella, meningitis C